As much as I want it to be spring, we still have another month or so of cooler temps. After wearing the same sweaters for months, I always like to look for a couple new sweaters to get me through the last bits of winter. My favorite sweater destinations are H&M, & Other Stories, Mango and Net-A-Porter for some necessary luxe.
I never used to like brown very much but as of this summer, I can’t get enough of it! I’ve been incorporating it more and more into our home and my closet. The gingham Trademark bag is my winter bag and that brown sweater is currently on its way to me!
Trademark Gingham Tote / See previous post for current obsession with all things gingham. I missed out on their baby blue version this summer and when the chocolate version came out, I had to have it!
Mango Chunky-Knit Sweater / I’d been on the hunt for a simple crewneck sweater and this one is perfect. The dark brown color is currently on its way to me.
Madewell Cashmere Ribbed Joggers / Cashmere. Sweats. Say no more.
Madewell Chunky Hoop Earrings / Simple gold hoops that make a little bit of a statement.
Tenoverten Polish in Hester / My latest go to manicure shade. Perfect as a year-round neutral.
Heather Taylor Home Gingham Napkins / I’ve been coveting some of Heather’s amazing linens forever and am thinking of pulling the trigger on these when I’m in LA over the holidays!
See what else I’m currently coveting here.
Between the holidays and wedding planning, blogging has definitely taken a backseat, but here is what I am currently up to...
Trying: I recently received products from the Goop by Juice Beauty line and have been using them for the past month or so. Favorites so far are the Exfoliating Instant Facial, Revitalizing Day Moisturizer and the Perfecting Eye Cream.
Reading: Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard, the founder of Patagonia. His unconventional work philosophies are so inspiring.
Coveting: A pair of Garrett Leight x Clare V. sunglasses from their fun collab.
Listening: I can't get enough of the "How I Built This" podcast. Favorite episodes include: Kate + Andy Spade, Kevin Systrom + Mark Krieger (Instagram) and Dave Gilboa + Neil Blumenthal (Warby Parker).
This post should be titled "What I Wish I Was Wearing" as this is the outfit I wish I was wearing every day during the fall.
3. Khaite Vanessa High-Rise Straight Jean / These jeans have been on my wishlist for a looong time - I love the wash!
4. Toteme Verbier Ribbed Turtleneck / Everything Toteme makes is simple, but with a twist, including this easy to wear camel sweater. The ribbed pattern is a cool update to a classic.
5. Mansur Gavriel Crossbody Bag / I love navy accessories and this bag is perfect for fall and winter. I love how understated it is.
6. No. 6 Fur Slide Clog / I missed out on these last year and am so happy they brought them back!
Oops it's been awhile since I've posted and now it's basically winter. I'm still mourning the end of summer, which is my favorite season and happened to be extra special this year because: we got engaged! Wedding planning is slowly taking over our lives, but I am really enjoying it and wish I could just do that all day. The date is set for next September in LA!
Here are a few things currently on my radar:
Wearing: Now that it's gotten colder, I've been living in these thin wool sweaters from & Other Stories. I love them paired with high-waisted denim and they are great on their own when it's warmer and are an amazing layer when it's colder. I have both gray and navy and recommend them to everyone I know!
Also wearing: I finally bought my first pair of AMO Babe jeans and have to stop myself from wearing them everyday. I got the 'Eclipse' wash, but am already coveting the 'Blue Gem' wash. I wish they would make a deep black wash too!
Loving: I've been following Liz Damrich on Instagram for awhile and was excited to see her Charleston home featured on Domino this week! She's got a killer sense of personal style too and is over on Industry Standard showing off her sweater collection.
Sharing: I recently wrapped up a freelance project that is super close to my heart: Project Battlebox. They send curated boxes to women (and eventually men!) who are undergoing cancer treatments to help make them feel more like themselves and bring some beauty to their battle. I'm so proud of this project and honored that I was a part of it.
Coveting: Every year I add a few sweaters to my collection and this cozy navy number is next on my to-buy list!
Obsessing: I keep going back to look at these beautiful homes in Northern California. I love how seamlessly they fit into their surroundings and the adventurous spirit of them.
I'm headed out of town for a long weekend and can't wait to relax and spend quality time with our friends.
1. Cuyana Straw Bag / The perfect tote whether you're headed to the beach or the country.
2. Madewell Chambray Cutout Jumpsuit / This jumpsuit looks so easy to wear and pairs well with flats or dressed up with a little heel.
3. Need Supply Off the Shoulder Top / The shirt of the summer.
4. Clare V Le Grand Depart Towel / No one will question what your plans are with this towel.
5. Carrie Forbes Salon Sandal / I love Carrie Forbes' straw shoes and these are extra-special in navy.
6. Solid & Striped Anne Marie Swimsuit / All of my bathing suits are black or navy so I'm forcing myself to try this striped (albeit still neutral) suit.
7. Warby Parker Tilley Sunglasses / These sunglasses are slightly Celine-esque and I love the grapefruit color for something different.
8. Saint James for J.Crew Slouchy Striped Tee / Another striped t-shirt, because summer.
9. Away Carry-On Suitcase / I recently purchased this suitcase and it has completely transformed my packing abilities. It has an amazing compression system that allows me to overpack and still have room! And it can charge your phone—I can't recommend it enough!
I can hardly believe that this weekend is Memorial Day weekend. I've been longing for summer for months and I am so happy it's finally here! As soon as summer hits, I put away most of my black pieces and my wardrobe shifts into more blues and whites...
1. Isabel Marant Étoile Embroidered Cover-Up / I've had my eye on the shirt version of this for months, but now it's sadly sold out! I love the embroidery on this cover-up and it's on sale! (Also here). I recently scooped up a more budget-friendly version from Zara.
2. Cuyana Summer Hat / I wanted this hat last summer and when it returned this year, I immediately purchased it! I love how much coverage the wide brim gives you.
3. Mansur Gavriel Suede Mules / I love the shape of these mules and the navy suede will carry you from spring to fall.
4. Straw Tote by Sensi Studio / What's summer without the perfect carryall for the beach? I love that this straw tote isn't fussy and over decorated.
5. Vintage Levi's Shorts / After finding so-so pairs of vintage Levi's shorts, I sucked it up and went to The Line to find my perfect pair. They fit so well and I know I'll wear them all summer long. (Also here).
6. & Other Stories Striped Tee / I've been living in striped crewneck tees and I love the unique back on this one. Pairs perfectly with the above shorts or below skirt!
7. Zara Striped Midi Dress / As always, Zara is killing it in the summer dress game. I had to have this off-the-shoulder dress after seeing it on Harley Viera-Newton (hint: it looks better if you tie the bow directly in the front!).
8. J.Crew Clip-Dot Midi Skirt / This skirt reminds me of an old Creatures of Comfort skirt that I never tracked down. I love wearing white midi skirts in summer - so easy with a simple tee and sandals.
It is currently 22° (feels like 8°) in NYC and the only thing on my mind is summer. Palm fronds, tassels, and hints of blush pink are catching my eye...
1. Cedric Charlier Palm Leaf Sweater / This sweater has warm weather vibes written all over it.
2. Cave Collective Double Tassel Necklace / I've been wanting this necklace since I first came across it! I love the tassels and subtle blush color.
3. Palm Frond Artwork / If you can't go to the tropics, bring the tropics to you.
4. Fredericks & Mae Wire Tassel Keychain / A pretty tassel that makes finding your keys so much easier!
5. Marysia Swim Santa Monica Bikini / I love Marysia's scallop designs and am very tempted by this new silhouette.
6. J.Crew Ryan Sunglasses / J.Crew just launched sunglasses and I'm smitten with this blush pink, slightly-retro pair.
7. Kayu Cactus Clutch / Carry a piece of the desert with you no matter what type of weather.
8. Loeffler Randall Luz Heels / I have these in black and am thinking I need the nude as well! As a non-heel wearer, these are super comfortable and they add a touch of interest to a simple outfit.
9. Byredo Gypsy Water Lotion / I find fragrance to last so much longer when applied as a lotion and I've been coveting this famed scent from Byredo for a looong time.
10. Indego Africa Eyelash Basket / You can never have too many baskets for hiding things and I love this cute little guy!
See what else I'm currently coveting here.